www.flickr.com
7D7 Studio (Omar)'s items Go and check out 7D7 Studio (Omar)'s photostream

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Crazy

Two days ago friend of mine asked me to say some MC rhymes, lol… He actually told me two days ago, he was interested in getting an F-150, I thought gas prices are insane right now and it doesn’t look to be improving either. I have a friend at work who drives Ram truck and gets 12mpg, now that is insane; my little box gets almost 15 more on a bad day. When you start to think about gas prices and how this is a natural resource that will eventually run out, we should also think about looking for alternatives sources for fuel. The car industry is offering hybrids yes, but this is not alleviating the situation either, you still need a source of fuel and we are so dependent of it. I’ve heard of cars that travel on corn oil, now this one is cool. The latest I read about and saw on TV was a modified hybrid vehicle, this car has reached anywhere between 65 and 100 mpg, this is awesome. You can now purchase these modified vehicles from small dealerships, this has to be my next car, it’s all about the gas mileage not the riding in style, you get bored in a few months/years after having the car; I’m sure this will never happen with a car that can go 1/3rd of the way to San Francisco on one gallon! Think about it, you don’t want to run over a gas station attendant because you don’t want to pay $60 worth of gas. In the end everyone will make their own choices and choose what they want, financially this would be such a burden on me, I know people who spend around $50 every time they fill up, now lets say someone puts gas in there car 6 times, that's $300 p/month., that can pay for my car and insurance payment!

Read more about the Prius here, maybe I'll convince you to buy one.

I forgot to give a shout out to the Space Shuttle Columbia the other day, I'm glad everyone made it back to earth without a scratch. The Pope in Germany for youth day, sweet! Pentagon orders 1500 more troops to Iraq, fuck off!


Driving alone has been pleasant, but I hate the time I've spent dealing with traffic. Take for example yesterday I left work at 5:20 and got home around 6:45, what can I do? No carpool buddy, no carpool lane =(

No comments: