www.flickr.com
7D7 Studio (Omar)'s items Go and check out 7D7 Studio (Omar)'s photostream

Monday, November 19, 2007

I Finally Took Action


I'm a person who is informed and aware of issues both at a local and global level, and several times I've told myself I should be more involved, sadly I haven't done it at all, but this past Saturday I finally took a small step. On Saturday November 17th I participated in a walk, an event aimed at ending homelessness in Los Angeles County. I learned about the walk through an article from my favorite LA Times writer, Steve Lopez, this is when I decided to take action. I received a total of $250 in donations, a great amount for only having 3 days to collect. When I was walking I thought about all the families and individuals that will be benefiting from this great cause, and how nearly 4000 joined this wonderful event. I plan to make this even an annual, for myself and my family. I still excited about what I did, and even got a chance to meet the mayor of our city Antonio Villaraigosa, before the walk. A debt of gratitude to all of those who donated, without you, this would not have been possible.

Here is more info on Home Walk LA and more pictures below.



No comments: