www.flickr.com
7D7 Studio (Omar)'s items Go and check out 7D7 Studio (Omar)'s photostream

Monday, April 11, 2005

The Radio

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Heard a call on the radio station the other day, A guy was telling a girl, "All men are the same, we just want to be with hotter women, and we are always going to want someone who looks better and younger than you are, because we want to hit that" the girl of course objected, "my husband is not like that!", the guy said "sure he is, he just doesn't tell you!" I changed the station and I start listening to music, I hear Rich talk to me and ask me some stuff, and I respond with "yea", I'm completely tuning him out and I'm trying to understand if I fit the description of what the caller was describing. I’m driving home and I’m thinking to myself, have I ever thought like this? Do girls think like this? Do you fantasize? I’m sure we all admire beauty, but what makes everyone different is our approach, your level of maturity. There are times when you hang out with your friends and you say, “Damn, look at that!” Other times you can be talking about how good an actress or singer looks, and everyone is like hell yea “I’ll do her”, but it will never happen. Outside of me joking around with my friends, yes I admire beauty and there will always be someone that will look better than the next, your girlfriend, boyfriend and yourself; but what makes a relationship great is the trust, the love and the experience of growing and understanding one another, that’s what eventually maturity will lead you to. Every single experience molds you to who you are today, good or bad. Explaining the answer to myself has helped me determine where I stand.

No comments: