www.flickr.com
7D7 Studio (Omar)'s items Go and check out 7D7 Studio (Omar)'s photostream

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Night In - Happy Bday

I happen to be home tonight, but don't be surprised because I'm always home. At my "tender" age of 30 I find myself at home almost every day, so if the law is reading this and you are looking for me, you know where to find me. This past Friday was a one of those rare exceptions;I hung out with friends from work and we celebrated Monica's 31st bday (HAPPY BDAY MONi!). After work I went next door to the gas station and bought a six pack of Bud Light, its taste was horrible! Now I know why I stopped drinking American light beers, they are the worst! I had two of the six beers, and I only bought a six pack because I wasn't planning on being there a long time; it was supposed to be a lets share a drink/laugh/smoke and then go home. It turned out to be exactly that, but on my way home my friend George sent me a text asking me if I wanted to grab a beer. He knew I was going to be in Inglewood and told me he would let me know if he was up for something later that night. I had a great time hanging with a few of my coworkers, and it was a pleasure to be invited to Monica's bday; Happy Bday Monica! Hope you had a great bday weekend.

I drove to Downey to meet George and to take a look at his new apartment, he just moved there a few weeks ago. I got a chance to see his furniture, he has some really kewl mid-century furniture pieces, even an Eames chair, but not its not "THE EAMES" chair. He has the wire and fiberglass type, but it looked really nice with the rest of his pieces. I've always been a fan of modern design, but since he has a background in furniture making, he exposed me to different styles and even dropped a few names that helped me understand it even more. We ended up at Kelly's Pub on Firestone, this place has been there for such a long time, even before it was a hip place. I don't think I frequent it because there are so many people that went to South Gate High, that I hate running into the old school mates; don't ask why I just do. We shared a few brews, exchanged stories, and he even shared a very shocking secret with me. I of course told him about the latest gossip, who's involved with who, and the money opportunity we've had the last couple of days of work; not the best news you can share with someone after they are struggling a bit to get by and make ends meat, but it came up in conversation, I'm not one to talk about work and money often. We ended the night down the street at In N Out, a food bite I needed to have since I was really hungry and the alcohol level was just a tad high. We saw so many High School kids at that place, it was really hectic. I remember telling him that I don't remember there being that many good looking girls at school, or even that many showing skin, and he agreed. We saw a girl so drunk her sister had no idea what to do, they had to be home in just minutes and her sister could barely stand. It's fun thinking of old HS days, but what's weird is that I don't remember ever getting that shit faced, I guess I couldn't since I DJ'd and was the heart of the party. George and I said peace out after I dropped him off, and I ended up going to 7-11 not to far from his apartment, I got some coffee. I was making my way towards the freeway when I had the sudden urge to drop liquids, it was horrible, I guess all that beer I drank plus the other drinks I had at work finally said it was time to get released. I'm sure you are wondering why on earth I'm mentioning this, but it was because I almost pissed in my pants. Every possible place I found to water had really bright lights making it hard to be discreet about pissing without being noticed. I finally found a parking lot, opened the door, and sighed of relief.

That's my Friday night outing. Tonight was a different story; I stayed home, loaded some pictures, ate Farmer Boys (now my stomach hurts) and started watching Fur, the movie with Nicole Kidman and Robert Downey Jr. I'll probably get to finish watching it sometime this upcoming week; Inshallah.


Here are two recent pictures.

Grand Central Station

Dusk

2 comments:

Hvnly's World said...

Oh my! My head is spinning after reading all of this. Love ya!

Omar (7D7 Studios) said...

that's cuz I spin you like a record right round round!