www.flickr.com
7D7 Studio (Omar)'s items Go and check out 7D7 Studio (Omar)'s photostream

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Zombie


I was driving to work and I heard Howard Stern play a song from The Cranberries, Zombie. It took me back to High School a time when I didn’t care much for anything with a guitar sound, STP being the exception of course. I just thought I’d jot down part of the lyrics and tell you about a blog that I read every once in a while, this song reminded me of it. I read a soldiers blog A Day In Iraq, it brings insight to what soldiers are going through in Iraq. I look forward to reading his posts because it connects me to this person in some weird way, whenever he updates his blog it lets us, the readers, know that he is alive and well, which is a great thing. I support the war on terror, but with Iraq, it's a grave situation and I just hope we get out of there soon. I will never be sold on the fact that soldiers fighting on foreign soil are “protecting my freedom”. Tracking these individuals and not letting them into our country to avoid another disaster is ok, I'm all for it. Yes, counterterrorism and special operations throughout the world that help determine the whereabouts and leads to a capture of a head of terrorist cells is understandable; but when we go and invade a country like Iraq and we determine that there no WMD’s, I can’t stand and cheer in support.


The Cranberries
~Zombie~

But you see it's not me,
it's not my family
In your head, in your
head they are fighting
With their tanks and their bombs
And their bombs and their guns
In your head in your head,
in your head they are cryin'
In your head
Zombie
What's in your head, in your head
Zombie

No comments: