www.flickr.com
7D7 Studio (Omar)'s items Go and check out 7D7 Studio (Omar)'s photostream

Friday, July 08, 2005

The Times

I need to get me the voice recognition program so it can do the typing for me. I have some shitt to say, that it would be so much easier for me to just yap into the microphone, than to type.



First thing I'd like to say is that my heart goes out to all the families and loved ones in London who suffered from those terrorist attacks. I mentioned to Hvnly how I wish we can just go to a place we know these people are located, just grab them and question them, torture them and even inflict wounds if we have to, to avoid these kinds of tragedies. Yes with these comments I am stepping on someone else rights, assuming they were captured in the USA, right to privacy, right to an attorney, and in the rest of the world, the right to be a human being and be treated like one. FOIA - Freedom Of Information Act is one touchy subject, I mentioned this to Hvnly, how I wish we use it in our favor, but this can be a powerful weapon for the government to do as they please with your personal life, belongings, information, anything they feel is valuable to the investigation they can take from you, without a signed warrant from a judge. Did you know? In China, if a police officer deems necessary to search your car/house/personal belongings and you don't give him consent, he can write himself a warrant on the spot! This would be a violation of the 4th ammendment, the right to privacy(see below). This is a process they can overlook here in the US using the FOIA, if somone feels that my piece of dirty underwear will help the investigation in any way, they can take it, this is fucking CRAZY! FOIA has been used to save hundreds of lives, and to avoid tragedies like those in London. My take is the following, use it as long as it doesn't affect me, but don't do it to me. Yes this is so convenient for me to put it this way, but what else can you do? It's like a double edged sword, catch 22, entre la espada y la pared. I've always said to Hvnly, ignorance is bliss; yes nothing that I have talked about today has affected me in any way (except for not having the voice recognition program), but the fact that one day your rights can be taken away, and we see this happening already, is scary.

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

No comments: