www.flickr.com
7D7 Studio (Omar)'s items Go and check out 7D7 Studio (Omar)'s photostream

Friday, July 01, 2005

My Book

Sharing two excerts from the book I'm reading, I thought one was worded perfect and the other was funny; Thanks Hvnly I'm enjoying the read!

~ Her hand was still resting in the curve of my arm, near the elbow. The touch was exactly what the touch of a lover's hand should be: familiar, yet exciting as a whispered promise. I felt an almost irresistible urge to take her hand and place it flat against my chest near my heart. Maybe I should've done it. ~

~ 'What are you on about now, Didier,you bastard?' she asked companioably, her south London accent giving the first syllable of the last word an explosive ring. 'He was just telling me that the French are the most civilised people in the world'. 'As all the world knows'. he added. 'When you produce a Shakespeare, out of your villes and vineyards, mate, I might just agree with you,' Letty murmured though that seemed to be warm and condescending in equal parts.
'My dear, please do not think I disrespect your Shakespeare,' Didier countered, laughing happily. 'I love the english language, becaues so much of it is French.'
'Touche,' I grinned 'as we say in English.' ~

1 comment:

Hvnly's World said...

You're very welcome Max. It delights my eyes and my heart just to see you enjoy reading, especially the books I got you. You are wonderful and I enjoy that you share what you read with me and others.