www.flickr.com
7D7 Studio (Omar)'s items Go and check out 7D7 Studio (Omar)'s photostream

Thursday, June 16, 2005

In The News / Batman

Batman Begins


This time it's going old school. No more comic book hero with nipples on the batsuit and the colorful characters from the comic books, and who can forget Arnold Schwarzenneger? Christopher Nolan is the director, he has three other movies, Memento, The Following, and Insomnia; I haven't seen insomnia and the other two movies I really liked; so I can say that as a director he has my approval and go see the other two movies if you haven't checked those out. I'm happy that they are going back to Bruce Wayne the dark loner. Batman, Batman Returns are my favorites from the saga, they were dark and no bright colors. Batman Forever I'll let it slide since I liked Val Kilmer as Batman, but I don't know about Alicia Silverstone. I wish the the batcage were my room, dark and full of things to do, I would never leave the house. I can see myself being Batman, I love the nigh and there's always something happening in Gotham city; great weather, never sunshine and always gray skies. Oh! and one more thing Catwoman.


James Joyce author of "Ulysses".


Every year the clock in the Irish capital goes back to June 16, 1904, so famously depicted in the epic day-in-a-life novel "Ulysses", written by the city's most celebrated author. In the 700-page book, Joyce wrote about the adventures of Leopold Bloom, a Jewish advertising salesman, and young poet Stephen Dedalus as they wander the streets of Dublin. I'll make this book my next read, I have some good books coming to me that the book fairy told me about. I hope to make it to Ireland one day and come back to the states and say "I had a warm beer with some fish and chips". I know it might seem like there's not much to do, but you have the Celtic castles, William Wallace, Beer Pubs, the great gloomy over cast weather, oh and did I mention the beer pubs? Maybe I can go out there on a future June 16th and see everyone come and celebrate the author with the costumes from that era.

No comments: