www.flickr.com
7D7 Studio (Omar)'s items Go and check out 7D7 Studio (Omar)'s photostream

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Phone

Today will be a quick post.

Today I hung out with my buddy Danny, and this guy had some stuff to get out of his chest. We've postponed meeting for a few weeks now, my unexpected Dodgers games, and his visits to a clients home. Today we finally met, talked about the past, the future, and where our lives seem to be going. It was great to see him, and I hope to learn from our conversation today. We hung out at his office after we had some Panda Express, and the whole time I was thinking about the technology with the phone. His phone probably rang 20 times, agents, escrow, sellers, buyers, madness with his phone. On the other hand, my twitter friends and I were texting to each other about my blog actually, and other nonsense that goes on, but where I'm getting at is that he asked me "are you going to put that thing away?" I thought it was the funniest thing that he asked, because he said that I all I was doing was punching keys on the phone, hahaha. I thought it was funny because he was serious about it, and I guess I was annoying him, but then I thought you just received 20 calls in a span of two hours what the fuck?! He told me he didn't like the phones that came with all the extras, lol, but that's because he's not savvy with electronics or computers. Well that is all my friends, but I can't help wander if I am now a person who is addicted to being "connected;" am I a person who can't unplug? Do I like getting email notifications at odd hours of the night, do I like getting text's from my twitter buds, or has the phone become an extension of who I am?!




I leave you with a verse that I think is appropriate, one that came to mind as I wrote the last sentences above. This is from one of my favorite bands, PHOENIX and the song is called Everything Is Everything

The things I do possess
Sometimes they own me too
What they gonna do to me?
It's hopeless, hopeless...

1 comment:

Deney said...

You should have uttered "Dont hate the playah, hate the game!" I feel the need to be connected 24hrs a day. Its cheaper than yapping on the phone specially most of the people I keep in touch with are in a different country.

Okay, Im adding this blog to my list of readings in the morning.