www.flickr.com
7D7 Studio (Omar)'s items Go and check out 7D7 Studio (Omar)'s photostream

Monday, July 30, 2007

A New Show and Explanation



I caught a new show this weekend that I really liked. I love the fact that the show is available on-demand, which means I save space on my DVR. MAD MEN is the show I'm talking about, set in the 1950's and follows a group of men working for an ad agency. The show is really true to the era; smoking is rampant all throughout the show, like in one of the scenes where the girl visits a gynecologists and he starts to smoke during their check up. Women are treated like an accessory and inferior, even the wives, I guess its true to the decade. If you are looking for a show that has bang, then I'd tell you to skip it, I appreciate the show for the content and the great writing; I have other shows I would recommend if you want a piece of reality, a quick laugh, and sexy nude chicks. I later learned the show was from the executive producer and writer of "The Sopranos" Matthew Weiner, he's got street cred with that instantly, right?

On to another topic.

Saturday morning was busy like all Sat mornings, picked up DJ from her moms house and I took her to baton practice. Domi was going to sleep over and hang out all day Saturday after baton practive, but we only hung with her for two hours. I had asked her dad if she could stay on this day, but like always I failed to write it down so I could remember, plus Hvnly broke the news to me that we were going to attend an engagement dinner for her childhood friend. I wasn't thrilled with the idea and I can explain why, you might not want to hear it but I think its a good explanation. I don't like meeting people whom I will share small talk with and will probably never see again in my entire life; OK so maybe I'll have some sort of running with them in the future, but one that doesn't warrant an exchange of words even when you are trying to be courteous and polite. This reason alone is why I hate going to these events, people asking me what I do? how do I know this person or that one?; maybe after I make a new friend with whom I answered two questions to, I'll tell him about my blog. Next time I will tell them about it when its time to depart and say our farewells, perhaps I shall throw this line at them - "since you seemed so interested in me the first 3 minutes when we first met and exchanged words, you should visit my blog so you can learn more about me!" - I'm thinking of getting cards printed, what do you think? This is the only reason why I dislike going to these types of events, whether its party, wedding, or any kind of reception; I'm comfortable with the people I know, even the ones who I know but have rarely talked to, put me in that situation and I will gladly accept/attend, because I'll recognize the faces and will probably just have to wave a hello and good bye to all present. I think that clears it up, so we'll move on to Saturday's evening event. When I was there I thought it was going to be just as I described above, but it turned out to be the complete opposite, no one cared who I was after the first formal introductions and quick hello's, so now I'm happy. A band started playing Sones Veracruzanos and this immediately began to flow happiness through my veins. It was great to listen to so many popular songs, they really played well. While I sat there and listened to music, I thought about the time when I danced to one of these songs, wearing my white Guayabera with a red bandana wrapped around and tied at the front of my neck. I also thought about my Folklorico dance instructor who I had a crush on; amazing what music does to my memories. I bought a CD from the band for $10. Music turned it around for me this day, I sure wish it does it again when I am required and invited to attend another festivity that will require that I go through the torture I described above, lol.

Sunday came along and we knew we had to get some fun stuff taken care of. The addition is at the stage where we needed to select the color for the room and bathroom. I think we went with some fun colors, and I can't wait 'till its finished so we can furnish it; you know MODERN will be all over this space, just wish I had the money to get the items I really like.

Here are a few items I'd like to have.

3 comments:

Hvnly's World said...

Well it sounds like you had a productive weekend. I noticed that you faile dto mention about Friday night with the boys playing Poker...must not have been all that memerable for ya..hehehe!

Oh...before I forget...so glad you didn't disappoint by failing to mention how irritated going to parties makes you feel sometimes. I was beginning to think that for once there would be no complaint ;-)

Omar (7D7 Studios) said...

and if you read what I wrote, I just explained why and I said that it wasn't like the usual shindigs, this one was the best I've been to.

Hvnly's World said...

I did read silly butt! I was messing with you...you know how it is!